Explore South India Cultural Tour – 13 Days
The cultural diversity in South India along with the vast variations in the scenic views make India the most sought after destinations by tourists all over the world.
South India preserves its culture and tradition much better than anything else. But it can’t be denied that the peninsular a part of India is a much acclaimed tourist destination too. From the interiors of homes of the local people towards the wildlife sanctuaries you will find something interesting all over the place.
The backwaters form one of the leading attractions of South India and lots of tourists flock here only due to the backwaters. There are a thousand more aspects that may draw you to this land of mysticism. In the end it is hard to defy the phone call of soul searching experience.
An extensive tour that takes you thru the villages and towns of three states – Tamilnadu, Karnataka and Goa – to see the incredible diversity and culture of the country.There is time for you to discover India ‘s glorious history, the incredible power and vibrancy of their religion as well as its spectacular wildlife – and also the food of course.
- Day 1 : Arrive Chennai – Arrive Chennai Airport terminal. On arrival, you’ll be met by our representative and used in the hotel. Overnight in the hotel.
- Day 2 : Chennai – Full day excursion to Mahabalipuram and Kancheepuram – the town of temples and silks. Overnight at Chennai.
- Day 3 : Chennai and Bangalore – Depart Chennai by flight/train for Bangalore – the sandalwood city. Afternoon sightseeing of Bangalore city.
Go to the beautiful botanical gardens of ‘Lal Bagh’, the ‘Nandi Bull Temple’, the impressive building from the ‘Vidhana Souda’ (Secretariat). Continue onwards towards the ‘Palace of Tipu Sultan’. Overnight in the hotel.
- Day 4 : Bangalore and Mysore – Morning drive to Mysore (127 kms) stopping enroute to determine Seringpatnam. On arrival check-in in the hotel. Afternoon at leisure for your own personel activities. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 5 : Mysore – Morning go to the beautiful city of Mysore. Go to the Maharaja’s Palace, which is lavishly decorated inside a mixture of styles. Also go to the Zoological Garden, Mysore Arts & Crafts Centre after which proceed to the Chamundi Temple on the hill above the city. Overnight in the hotel.
- Day 6 : Mysore and Hassan – Morning drive to Hassan to determine the famous temples of Belur and Halebid. Overnight within the hotel.
- Day 7 : Hasan, Halebid and Belur temples – The Chenna Kesava temple of Belur built 900 years back is an exquisite illustration of Hoysala art. Halebid’s 12th century Hoysaleswara and Kedareswara temples are masterpieces of Hindu art.
- Day 8 : Hassan and Chikmagalur – Depart for that beautiful town of Chikmagalur nestled within the Baba Budan hills. Chikmagalur is a calm, serene town filled with scenic surprises – hills, valleys, streams and snow-white coffee blossoms. On arrival, check-in in the hotel. Overnight in the hotel.
- Day 9 : Hassan and Hospet – Morning drive to Hospet. Afternoon visit Hampi – a global Heritage Centre. Hampi is easily the most beautiful and evocative of all of the ruins in Karnataka. Overnight in the hotel.
- Day 10 : Hospet and Badami – Morning drive to Badami (103 km). Here the cave temples are hewn from solid rock, inside a magical setting of hills over a lovely reservoir.
On arrival, go to the Aihole and Pattadakal. Aihole – famous because the cradle of Indian temple architecture – has over 125 temples, all intricately carved and full of detail.Overnight in the hotel.
- Day 11 : Badami and Goa – Morning drive to Goa (198 km). On arrival, check-in in the hotel. Afternoon at leisure for your own personel activities. Overnight in the hotel.
- Day 12 : Goa – Morning sightseeing of Goa Churches and Temples. Overnight in the hotel.
- Day 13 : Goa to Mumbai – Morning transfer towards the Airport for your flight to Mumbai.